Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hitting the 'Friendly' Skies

So here I am sitting in the airport (again, it seems like I've been doing that a lot over the past few years). The luggage is checked (thankfully I booked before June 15, so no extra surcharge But here's the coolest thing. I'm not just sitting around waiting, I'm working. More importantly I'm teaching.

Online technology provides an immediate and instant platform for your to reach your students, parents and co-workers. Because this is an online class, I can "teach" from my hotel room in Las Vegas, or from the desert in the Valley of Fire. Online makes it so. Hopefully as we progress through this learning block you will start to find some cool technologies and you'll start to imagine the ways in which you can deploy them in your classroom.

Not every technology is right for each student, and sometimes technology isn't required at all. My hope is that through practice and imagination you'll start to open your eyes to the ways in which you can, can't and should use technology in a teaching setting.

I will be blogging all week from Las Vegas (well unless I win some major cash and then I'll just give you all A's and be about my business) as Amber and I are attending Photoshop World. So lots of pictures, tips and what not. Don't forget to start your reading, it will catch up to you.

Always,
Bob

No comments: