Wednesday, September 12, 2007

iLike iPhone

Technology is awesome when it works.

So I lost my cell phone (yes, the very one that I used to do your YouTube cell phone demonstrations). It was totally my fault. I was taking a cab from a session at Photoshop World to Alamo car rental and I had a pile of papers with me, so as I was paying the cab driver, I set all my stuff down on the seat, dug my cash out of my pocket, snagged my stuff and went about my merry way.

When I dropped my stuff on the seat of the Jeep, I noticed a lack of a thud. No cell phone.

I raced back to the hotel and called for 2 hours straight from my wife's cell in hopes that someone, anyone would answer. To make matters worse, I had my phone on silent because I was in the session.

To make a long painful story short, I ended up back at the Apple store and purchased a new iPhone.

Oh my goodness is it amazing.

I'm a total sucker for toys to begin with, but something this cool just blows my mind.

For the first time in my life I can now sync my Outlook calendar and my iCal together almost pain free. I can order pizza while in the car without having to store the number in my phonebook (I mean honestly, who keeps pizza joint numbers on their cell?).

The iPhone updates off of AT&T's edge network or off a connected wireless network. I can surf the web, check my email, watch a video and snap a photo all from the same device (which my wife made me promise to strap to my arm so I don't loose it).

Technology is amazing thing, we live at a wonderful time in our planet's history... and it's made a little cooler by Apple :).

No comments: