Thursday, September 13, 2007

Use Technology to Make Mélaine's Day

Here's Bob's little technology tip for you: How to make the é (e acute) for Mélaine's name.

There's nothing worse than having a super cool name, and have people butcher it because they don't know how to make fancy letters. So for a special treat for her birthday (send cards, flowers, and emails) - I'm going to teach you all the secret of how to make the fancy 'e' as I like to call it.

First type a capital 'M', so you have a little something like this:

M

Now comes the tricky part. Hold down the 'alt' key and press in order 0 2 3 3 and then let go.... you should get a little something like this: é

That's it... then type in the rest of the letters and suddenly now you are the favorite student making your professors day. :)

3 comments:

Nicole's Blog said...

Ok...so I am a little confused. I am not sure how to post comments on other people's blogs without them already posting on my blog. For example, when I try to post a comment on someone new that I haven't before it wont let me. If you could send me a message back, that would be great!! Thanks!

Cassie Yarde said...

Mélaine
I did it! But my computer doesn't make the fancy letter with your way of the alt and the numbers. But!...the insert symbol works for me!!

JoellePalmer said...

Rob,

It is friday. I have been trying to get online since 6:15 and it is not 7:45. I cannot post anything or do my video. I tried calling the university. NO one is there. I don't know what to do. I cant get on to blackboard unless i can get on the homepage!! HELPP!